At the ChotaMota Foundation we have a new dream … a dream to create a beehive of dreams, creations and out-of-box thoughts, … dreams of presenting an abundance of free space to the budding talents in diverse fields of Art. Mostly unknown and unsung, they crave to see the magic in the world. We seek to provide such talents with access to the opportunities they lack through our art programs. Art Program 11 – 2020 is the eleventh in the sequel.
Select entries to the art program shall be rewarded financially and will be put on display on this website. These may also be displayed in an exhibition at a major venue. The Foundation does not stake any copyright claim on the items of artwork entered in the art programs.
More About Eleventh Art Program (AP- 11)
Who can take part?
Anybody, from anywhere, as long as you’re in the age group of 15 to 27, can take part!
AP-11 covers three art categories:
For convenience, we’d prefer the language to be English or Bengali.
What you need to do?
- You may try your hand in all the three different Art Categories, but not more than three entries in any of these.
- You may get an award worth (INR 1000-5000) for your best artwork in an art category. Don’t repeat entries if you’ve already sent them to ChotaMota.
- Send only those creations that you have completed within last one year.
- Make sure what you submit is a composition of your own creation, and speaks truly to you.
- Feel free to borrow ideas from others and acknowledge, but don’t reproduce others’ work in entirety.
- To submit each art work on-line, you will have to fill the form appearing after you click on the Upload Entry
CMF adopted a new format in AP-9 introducing idea of Catchphrase . This time too the format with catchphrases continues, but with a slight variation just as in the previous program(AP 10)
What is the variation?
You are free to choose any of the Catchphrases for each of your chosen categories. Give vent to your ideas freely… and shape your creation taking cue from the catchphrases.
|Power of love, love of power. ||ভালোবাসার ক্ষমতা, ক্ষমতাকে ভালোবাসা|
|Keep distance … don’t you touch||ধোরো নাকো ধোরো নাকো ধোরো নাকো ভাই|
|Home is where the heart is||বাড়ির টান, নাড়ির টান|
|Alien in one’s homeland ||নিজভূমে পরবাসী|
|Let us breathe||শ্বাস নিতে দাও|
|Search of meaning in flood of “facts”||তথ্যের বানে খুঁজে নাও মানে|
And what remains same…..
- Continuing with Catchphrase.
- AP 11 will be of one month duration- 19 June to 18 July 2020. Submit your entries at any time during this period.
- For any art category, you may send at most one entry on a theme of your choice. Other two must be using Catchphrases. You may as well use Catchphrases for all your three entries.
- Same Catchphrase may be used for more than one entry.
- Catchphrases are not topic or theme; they are just to stimulate the thinker in you.
Only one award will be conferred to a participant for the best among the art works submitted by her/ him in an art category. There are four kinds of awards:
Trailblazer INR 5,000
Dreamspinner, INR 4,000
Mastercrafter INR 2,500
and Budding Weaver INR 1,000 (only for the age-group 15 to 17)
CMF art programs are NOT competitions. The entries are therefore not ranked as first, second etc.. Instead, a three-member jury is appointed to evaluate each art work independently on its own merit. Based on the jury’s evaluation, each of the select entries is graded it in one of the above four award-categories.
We are accepting entries in the following art categories:
- Graphic story(Comics strip and Illustrated story)
- Short film
Graphic story(Comics strip and Illustrated story)
If you want to tell your story with illustration, let it be in not more than 10 pages of text and visuals.
Or if you wish to narrate your story in Comics, let it be in not more than 10 frames.
Pick up the Catchphrase of your choice to express your thoughts or use a theme of your own choice to float your ideas. You need not send the original artwork now. Only keep a hard copy ready for sending to us when required.
Also , please, note that you only need to send either illustrated story or comics as an entry in this category.
Accompany your entry with a short (within 50 words) write up about it. Don’t forget to mention the medium chosen and the size (not applicable for digital work) of your artwork, otherwise it won’t be accepted
Make a statement of your own in form of poster using the Catchphrases given, using paint-brush or pencil or pen or your laptop or simply use a theme of your own choice and get going. You are requested not to send the artworks that are overtly based on partisan politics. Send a .jpeg of your creation, or the hard copy itself! Also keep a hard copy ready for sending to us when required. You need not send the original artwork now. Just keep it ready for sending to us when required.
Accompany your entry with a short (within 50 words) write up about it. Mention the medium chosen and the size (not applicable for digital work) of the poster.
Grab your phone or camera and get shooting. No need to use Catchphrase. The movie you send in could be anywhere from 30 seconds to about 12 minutes in length, as long as it says what you want it to. You can use any style of movie making, including animation, stop motion etc.. Accompany your entry with a short (about 50 words) write up about it and make sure you give due credits to your team.
Start of program
Friday, 19th June 2020
Last date for receiving entries
Saturday, 18th July 2020
Announcement of selected entries
Monday, 25th August 2020
SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK
- For Graphic story( Comics and Illustrated story) and Poster, if the entry you would like to submit is originally developed on an electronic medium, please convert it into a JPEG file. Otherwise, if the original is on a physical medium (like paper and canvass), first scan it or photograph it and then convert the photo or the scanned copy into a JPEG file.
- For Short Film, upload the video to vimeo, youtube or other video hosting sites and send us the link. Dropbox or Google Drive links will also do.
Submission by post or by hand:
If you intend to submit your entry by post or by hand, you should send your entry along with a duly filled-in registration form. Click here
for registration form. In case you are not able to get copy of the registration form, please contact us.
You may contact here:-
The ChotaMota Foundation
3/6/1 S.M Ali Road,
Barrackpore – 700120
West Bengal, India