At the ChotaMota Foundation we have a new dream … a dream to create a beehive of dreams, creations and out-of-box thoughts, … dreams of presenting an abundance of free space to the budding talents in diverse fields of Art. Mostly unknown and unsung, they crave to see the magic in the world. We seek to provide such talents with access to the opportunities they lack through our art programs. Art Program 8 – 2019 is the eighth in the sequel.
Select entries to the art program shall be rewarded financially and will be put on display on this website. These may also be displayed in an exhibition at a major venue. The Foundation does not stake any copyright claim on the items of artwork entered in the art programs.
More About Eighth Art Program (AP- 8)
Who can take part?
Anybody, from anywhere, as long as you’re in the age group of 15 to 27, can take part!
There is no entry fee.
AP-8 covers three art categories:
Enriched by the first five editions of the art programs, CMF adopted a new format in the AP-6 and AP-7. And this time intends to revert to the old format .
For convenience, we’d prefer the language to be English, Hindi or Bengali.
Only one award will be conferred to a participant for the best among the art works submitted by her/ him in an art category. There are four kinds of awards:
Trailblazer INR 5,000
Dreamspinner, INR 4,000
Mastercrafter INR 2,500
and Budding Weaver INR 1,000 (only for the age-group 15 to 17)
CMF art programs are NOT competitions. The entries are therefore not ranked as first, second etc.. Instead, a three-member jury is appointed to evaluate each art work independently on its own merit. Based on the jury’s evaluation, each of the select entries is graded it in one of the above four award-categories.
Yes. CMF has introduced a new Art Category- Graphic stories which includes both Comics and Illustrated story.
Apart from that :
- AP-8 will be for a one-month duration (15th June to 15th July)
- NO time slot, NO catchword. Float your thoughts and submit within the specified time.
What are you required to do?
- You may try your hand in all the three different Art Categories but not more than a maximum of three in any particular Art Category.
- You may get an award worth (INR 1000-5000) for your best artwork in an art category. Don’t repeat entries if you’ve already sent them to ChotaMota.
- Send those creations only completed within last one year.
- Make sure what you submit is a composition of your own creation, and speaks truly to you.
- Feel free to borrow ideas from others and acknowledge, but don’t reproduce others’ work in entirety.
- To submit each art work on-line, you will have to fill the form appearing after you click on the SUBMIT ARTWORK button.
We are accepting entries in the following art categories:
- Graphic Story( Comics and Illustrated story)
- Short Film
Graphic story (Comics and Illustration)
If you want to tell your story with illustration, let it be in not more than 10 pages of text and visuals.
Or if you wish to narrate your story in Comics, let it be in not more than 10 frames.
Create anything and everything you wish to and send us a .jpeg of your creation, or the hard copy itself! You need not send the original artwork now. Only keep a hard copy ready for sending to us when required.
Also , please, note that you only need to send either illustrated story or comics as an entry in this category.
Accompany your entry with a short (within 50 words) write up about it. Don’t forget to mention the medium chosen and the size (not applicable for digital work) of your artwork, otherwise it won’t be accepted
Grab your phone or camera and get shooting. The movie you send in could be anywhere from 30 seconds to about 12 minutes in length, as long as it says what you want it to. You can use any style of movie making, including animation. Accompany your entry with a short (about 50 words) write up about it and make sure you give due credits to your team.
Make a statement of your own in form of poster using paint-brush or pencil or pen or your laptop. You may choose any subject of your choice other than those that are overtly on partisan politics. Send a .jpeg of your creation, or the hard copy itself! Also keep a hard copy ready for sending to us when required. You need not send the original artwork now. Just keep it ready for sending to us when required.
Accompany your entry with a short (within 50 words) write up about it. Mention the medium chosen and the size (not applicable for digital work) of the poster.
Start of program
Saturday, 15th June 2019
Last date for receiving entries
Monday, 15th July 2019
Announcement of selected entries
Monday, 26th August 2019
SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK
- For Graphic story( Comics and Illustrated story) and Poster, if the entry you would like to submit is originally developed on an electronic medium, please convert it into a JPEG file. Otherwise, if the original is on a physical medium (like paper and canvass), first scan it or photograph it and then convert the photo or the scanned copy into a JPEG file.
- For Short Film, upload the video to vimeo, youtube or other video hosting sites and send us the link. Dropbox or Google Drive links will also do.
Submission by post or by hand:
If you intend to submit your entry by post or by hand, you should send your FIRST entry along with a duly filled-in registration form. Click here for registration form. . In case you are not able to get copy of the registration form, please contact us.
Send the Entries to the following address:
The ChotaMota Foundation
3/6/1 S.M Ali Road,
Barrackpore – 700120
West Bengal, India
Contact at 9836568902