ChotaMota Art Program 16 (AP 16) will be open for 22 days – from 28 June to 19 July 2021. Anybody, from anywhere, in the age group of 15 to 27, can take part!
Submit your entries at any time during this period.
There is no entry fee.
The Foundation does not stake any copyright claim on the items of artwork entered in the art programs.
Select entries to the art program shall be accorded financial awards and will be put on display on this website. Only one award will be conferred to a participant for the best among the art works submitted by her/ him in an art category. There are four kinds of awards:
|Dream Spinner||[Rs. 4,000]|
|Master Crafter||[Rs. 2,500]|
|Budding Weaver||[Rs. 1,000]|
|(only for age-group 15-17)|
CMF art programs are NOT competitions. The entries are therefore not ranked as first, second etc.. Instead, a three-member jury is appointed to evaluate each art work independently on its own merit. Based on the jury’s evaluation, each of the select entries is graded in one of the above four award-categories.
Specifics:- AP 16 includes two Art categories :-
Opens on: Monday 28 June 2021
Closes on: Monday 19 July 2021
Results on: Tuesday 31 August 2021
Life in virtual reality
‘Virtual Reality’ তে দিনযাপন
Affair with lies
মিথ্যার সাথে সহবাস
Life is a yo yo
হাত লাট্টু -লেত্তি টানে, জীবন ওঠে জীবন নামে
Look at me……what you see?
দেখ তো চেয়ে আমারে তুমি চিনিতে পারো কি না?
In a trendy world, wish I remain classic
হুজুগ স্রোতে চাই না হতে চলতি হাওয়ার পন্থী
The media truly thrives
on Disasters, Deaths and Strife
ঝড়, মারী, দাঙ্গা তিনে মিডিয়া চাঙ্গা
You are free to choose any of the Catchphrases for Poster and Photography.
Catchphrases are not to be interpreted literally. Be as creative as possible in your interpretation and application.
Give vent to your ideas freely… and shape your creation taking cue from the catchphrases.
More about catchphrases …..
- For Poster and Photography, you may send at most one entry on a theme of your choice. Additional (one or two) entries must be using Catchphrases. You may as well use only Catchphrases for all your entries.
- Same Catchphrase may be used for more than one entry.
- Catchphrases are not topic or theme; they are just to stimulate the thinker in you.
Make a statement of your own in form of poster using paint-brush or pencil or pen or your laptop. Pick the Catchphrases and/ or a theme of your choice and get going. You may choose any subject of your choice other than those that are overtly on partisan politics. Send a jpeg of your creation. You need not send the original artwork now. Just keep a hard copy ready for sending to us when required.
Pick the Catchphrases and/ or a theme of your choice and get the image with your phone or camera.
- Capture the magic in the world as it is OR create a vision with your own photographs on your laptop.
- Make sure that the submitted image be 1024 x 768 pixels (longer side), with resolution 72 dpi saved as jpeg.
- The image should be converted to a RGB color space and must not exceed 15 MB
- Photographs with borders, watermarks, frames, or name/signatures will not be accepted.
Please, mention the following in the write up accompanying your artwork:-
1. What according to you is the most innovative aspect of your entry
2. What prompted you to do it
3. Technical details of your artwork:- For Poster e.g. medium( oil, acrylic, digital, mixed etc.) and size (not applicable for digital work).For Photography, mention device used( camera or mobile phone etc.) and size.
What exactly are you to do?
- Question the commonplace and express your ideas in any of the above two art categories.
- Send us a maximum of 3 entries you want in one or both the art categories.
- Don’t repeat entries if you’ve already sent them to ChotaMota
- Send those creations only completed within last six months.
- Make sure what you submit is a composition of your own creation, and speaks truly to you.
- Feel free to borrow ideas from others and acknowledge, but don’t reproduce others’ work in entirety.
How can you submit your artwork?
- For Poster, if the entry you would like to submit is originally developed on an electronic medium, please convert it into a JPEG file. Otherwise, if the original is on a physical medium (like paper and canvass), first scan it or photograph it and then convert the photo or the scanned copy into a JPEG file.
- For Photograph, send the JPEG file.
- Click Upload Entry to submit your entry.
Submission by post or by hand:
If you intend to submit your entry by post or by hand, you should send your entry along with a duly filled-in registration form. Click here for registration form. In case you are not able to get copy of the registration form, please contact us.
You may contact here:-
The ChotaMota Foundation
3/6/1 S.M Ali Road,
Barrackpore – 700120
West Bengal, India