What is this?
The ChotaMota Foundation is attempting to create a collection of unique expressive ideas. We hope for nothing more than to create a forum of thinkers, dreamers and creators.
Selected entries, apart from being provided with financial rewards, will be brought together for display in an exhibition at unique venues in New Delhi. All the entries will also be put up on display on the ChotaMota Foundation website and shared with all.
For convenience, we’d prefer the language to be English, Hindi or Bengali.
Who can take part?
Anybody, from anywhere, as long as you’re in the age group of 15 to 27, can be a part! There is no entry fee.
What exactly are you to do?
- Question the commonplace and express your ideas in any of the above three media.
- Send us a maximum of 3 entries you want in one or more of the given options of media.
- Don’t repeat entries if you’ve sent them to ChotaMota or anywhere else.
- Make sure what you submit is something of your own creation, and speaks truly to you.
We are accepting entries in the following mediums:
Draw the teacher you love most, or the world leader you appreciate a lot. Draw the girl you dream of or the robot you one day wish to build. Draw yourself and don’t take any of these suggestions. Draw what you feel like and send us a .jpeg of your creation, or the hard copy itself!
Grab your phone or camera and get shooting. The movie you send in could be anywhere from 30 seconds to about 8 minutes in length, as long as it says what you want it to. You can use any style of movie making. Accompany your entry with a short (about 50 words) write up about it and make sure you give due credits to your team.
Get the image with your phone or camera to capture the magic in the world or create a vision with your own photographs on your laptop. Accompany your entry with a short (about 50 words) write up about it and make sure you mention the devices and techniques you have used.
Grab the pencil or paint-brush or your laptop to express your thoughts and dreams or to make a statement of your own or just to create an abstract image. You may use any medium of your choice including digital art. You need not send the original artwork for submission. Accompany your entry with a short (within 50 words) write up about it and mention the medium chosen for your artwork.
Start of program: Saturday, 25th March 2017
Last date for receiving entries: Monday, 12th June 2017
Announcement of selected entries: Sunday, 12th July 2017
How can I submit my artwork?
- For Cartoon and Caricature and painting, if the entry you would like to submit is originally developed on an electronic medium, please convert it into a JPEG file. Otherwise, if the original is on a physical medium (like paper and canvass), first scan it or photograph it and then convert the photo or the scanned copy into a JPEG file.
- For short movie category, upload the video to vimeo, youtube or other video hosting sites and send us the link. Dropbox or Google Drive links will also do.
- For photography, make sure that the submitted image be 1024 x 768 pixels (longer side), with resolution 72dpi saved as jpeg. The image should be converted to a RGB color space and must not exceed 1 MB. Photographs with borders, watermarks, frames, or name/signatures will not be accepted.
Submission by post or by hand:
If you intend to submit your entry by post or by hand, you should send your FIRST entry along with a duly filled-in registration form. Click here for registration form. The foundation will provide you with a registration number after receiving your first entry. For sending subsequent entries by post or by hand, you should also send a covering letter bearing your registration number and other details. In case you are not able to get copy of the registration form, please contact us.
Send the Entries to the following address:
The ChotaMota Foundation
3/6/1 S.M Ali Road,
Barrackpore – 700120
West Bengal, India