At the ChotaMota Foundation we have a new dream … a dream to create a beehive of dreams, creations and out-of-box thoughts, … dreams of presenting an abundance of free space to the budding talents in diverse fields of Art. Mostly unknown and unsung, they crave to see the magic in the world. We seek to provide such talents with access to the opportunities they lack through our art programs. Art Program 10 – 2020 is the tenth in the sequel.
Select entries to the art program shall be rewarded financially and will be put on display on this website. These may also be displayed in an exhibition at a major venue. The Foundation does not stake any copyright claim on the items of artwork entered in the art programs.
More About Tenth Art Program (AP- 10)
Who can take part?
Anybody, from anywhere, as long as you’re in the age group of 15 to 27, can take part!
AP-10 covers three art categories:
For convenience, we’d prefer the language to be English or Bengali.
What you need to do?
- You may try your hand in all the three different Art Categories, but not more than three entries in any of these.
- You may get an award worth (INR 1000-5000) for your best artwork in an art category. Don’t repeat entries if you’ve already sent them to ChotaMota.
- Send only those creations completed within last one year.
- Make sure what you submit is a composition of your own creation, and speaks truly to you.
- Feel free to borrow ideas from others and acknowledge, but don’t reproduce others’ work in entirety.
- To submit each art work on-line, you will have to fill the form appearing after you click on the SUBMIT ARTWORK
CMF adopted a new format in AP-9 introducing idea of Catchphrase . This time too the format with catchphrases continues, but with a slight variation.
What is the variation?
You are free to choose any of the Catchphrases for each of your chosen categories. Give vent to your ideas freely… and shape your creation taking cue from the catchphrases.
|Born with wings, why crawl?||জন্মেছো ডানা নিয়ে , দিচ্ছো হামাগুড়ি?|
|Scent of rain||বৃষ্টি বৃষ্টি গন্ধ|
|Middle of nowhere||দিকশূন্যপুর|
|Love finds its way||ভালবাসা খুঁজে নেয় দিশা|
|Monarch of the street||রাস্তাঘাটের শাহেনশাহ|
|Weather cock||হাওয়া- মোরগ|
And what remains same…..
- Continuing with Catchphrase.
- AP 10 will be of one month duration- 13 March to 12 April 2020. Submit your entries at any time during this period.
- For any art category, you may send at most one entry on a theme of your choice . Other two must be using Catchphrases. You may as well use Catchphrases for all your three entries.
- Same Catchphrase may be used for more than one entry.
- Catchphrases are not topic or theme; they are just to stimulate the thinker in you.
Only one award will be conferred to a participant for the best among the art works submitted by her/ him in an art category. There are four kinds of awards:
Trailblazer INR 5,000
Dreamspinner, INR 4,000
Mastercrafter INR 2,500
and Budding Weaver INR 1,000 (only for the age-group 15 to 17)
CMF art programs are NOT competitions. The entries are therefore not ranked as first, second etc.. Instead, a three-member jury is appointed to evaluate each art work independently on its own merit. Based on the jury’s evaluation, each of the select entries is graded it in one of the above four award-categories.
We are accepting entries in the following art categories:
- Cartoon and caricature
- Creative Writing( Bangla and English)
Cartoon and caricature
Pick the Catchphrases and/ or a theme of your own choice and give shape to your thoughts!
Submit a jpeg version of your creation, or send the hard copy itself. Do not send the original artwork now. But it must be kept ready for submission when required.
Accompany your entry with a short (within 50 words) write up about it. Don’t forget to mention the medium chosen (including digital) and the size (not applicable for digital work) of your artwork, otherwise it won’t be accepted.
Pick the Catchphrases and/ or a theme of your own choice Express whatever way you wish to!
- a story of your own or a fairy tale or a folklore you like to retell in your own way, or
- a travelogue of a known or unknown place, or
- a dialogue/ monologue of characters – living or imaginary, or a sheer fantasy.
in prose or poetry and in not more than 500 words.
Just make a pdf version and send it to us. Don’t mention your name on it.
Pick the Catchphrases and/ or a theme of your choice and get the image with your phone or camera.
- Capture the magic in the world as it is OR create a vision with your own photographs on your laptop.
- Make sure that the submitted image be 1024 x 768 pixels (longer side), with resolution 72dpi saved as jpeg.
- The image should be converted to a RGB color space and must not exceed 1 MB
- .Photographs with borders, watermarks, frames, or name/signatures will not be accepted.
Accompany your entry with a short (about 50 words) write up about it and make sure you mention the devices and techniques you have used. Especially mention whether the image is a straight photograph (with slight touching up) or a synthesis of photographs shot by you and design elements..
Start of program
Friday, 13th March 2020
Last date for receiving entries
Tuesday, 14th April 2020
Announcement of selected entries
Thursday, 21st may 2020
SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK
- For Cartoon-Caricature , if the entry you would like to submit is originally developed on an electronic medium, please convert it into a JPEG file before uploading. Otherwise, if the original is on a physical medium (like paper and canvass), first scan it or photograph it and then convert the photo or the scanned copy into a JPEG file-then upload.
- For Photograph, send the JPEG file.
- For Creative writing, upload the pdf version.
Submission by post or by hand:
If you intend to submit your entry by post or by hand, you should send your entry along with a duly filled-in registration form. Click here
for registration form. In case you are not able to get copy of the registration form, please contact us.
You may contact here:-
The ChotaMota Foundation
3/6/1 S.M Ali Road,
Barrackpore – 700120
West Bengal, India