ChotaMota Art Program 14 (AP 14) will be open for 22 days – from 21 March to 11 April 2021. Anybody, from anywhere, in the age group of 15 to 27, can take part!
Submit your entries at any time during this period.
There is no entry fee.
The Foundation does not stake any copyright claim on the items of artwork entered in the art programs.
Select entries to the art program shall be accorded financial awards and will be put on display on this website. Only one award will be conferred to a participant for the best among the art works submitted by her/ him in an art category. There are four kinds of awards:
|(only for age-group 15-17)
CMF art programs are NOT competitions. The entries are therefore not ranked as first, second etc.. Instead, a three-member jury is appointed to evaluate each art work independently on its own merit. Based on the jury’s evaluation, each of the select entries is graded in one of the above four award-categories.
Specifics:- AP 14 includes two Art categories
Opens on: Sunday, 21 March. 2021
Closes on: Sunday, 11 April. 2021
Results on: Sunday, 23 May. 2021
|Your own realities
|তোমার আপন সত্য
|The finish matters
|শেষ আঁচড়ই চূড়ান্ত
|If you were a canvas
|হতে যদি ক্যানভাস
|Content with silence
|Story I fail to put in words
|বলতে পারিনি যে কথা- কাহিনী
|Colors in conflict
are free to choose any of the Catchphrases for
each of your chosen categories.
Catchphrases are not to be interpreted literally. Be as creative as possible in your interpretation and application.
Give vent to your ideas freely… and shape your creation taking cue from the catchphrases.
More about catchphrases …..
- For any art category, you may send at most one entry on a theme of your choice. Other two must be using Catchphrases. You may as well use only Catchphrases for all your three entries.
- Same Catchphrase may be used for more than one entry.
- Catchphrases are not topic or theme; they are just to stimulate the thinker in you.
Pick the catchphrase of your own choice or use your own theme to add color to a blank slate…..
Send us a jpeg version of your creation! Do not send the original artwork now. But it must be kept ready for submission when required.
Don’t forget to add a write up accompanying your entry.
Please, mention the following in it:-
1. What according to you is the most innovative aspect of your entry
2. What prompted you to do it
3. Technical details of your artwork in Painting e.g. medium( oil, acrylic, digital, mixed etc.) and size (not applicable for digital work).
Pick the catchphrase of your choice or choose your own theme. Express whatever way you wish to –
- a story of your own or a fairy tale or a folklore you like to retell in your own way, or
- a travelogue of a known or unknown place, or
- a dialogue/ monologue of characters – living or imaginary, or a sheer fantasy.
in prose or poetry and in not more than 500 words.
Just make a .pdf version and send it to us. Don’t mention your name on it.
What exactly are you to do?
- Question the commonplace and express your ideas in any of the above two art categories.
- Send us a maximum of 3 entries you want in one or both the art categories.
- You may get an award worth (INR 1000-5000) for your best artwork of free imagination.
- Don’t repeat entries if you’ve already sent them to ChotaMota
- Send those creations only completed within last six months.
- Make sure what you submit is a composition of your own creation, and speaks truly to you.
- Feel free to borrow ideas from others and acknowledge, but don’t reproduce others’ work in entirety.
How can you submit your artwork?
- For Painting, if the entry you would like to submit is originally developed on an electronic medium, please convert it into a JPEG file. Otherwise, if the original is on a physical medium (like paper and canvass), first scan it or photograph it and then convert the photo or the scanned copy into a JPEG file.
- For Creative writing, send the PDF file.
- Click SUBMIT to submit your entry.
Submission by post or by hand:
If you intend to submit your entry by post or by hand, you should send your entry along with a duly filled-in registration form. Click here for registration form. In case you are not able to get copy of the registration form, please contact us.
You may contact here:-
The ChotaMota Foundation
3/6/1 S.M Ali Road,
Barrackpore – 700120
West Bengal, India