ChotaMota Art Program 15 (AP 15) will be open for 22 days – from 10 May to 31 May 2021. Anybody, from anywhere, in the age group of 15 to 27, can take part!
Submit your entries at any time during this period.
There is no entry fee.
The Foundation does not stake any copyright claim on the items of artwork entered in the art programs.
Select entries to the art program shall be accorded financial awards and will be put on display on this website. Only one award will be conferred to a participant for the best among the art works submitted by her/ him in an art category. There are four kinds of awards:
|Dream Spinner||[Rs. 4,000]|
|Master Crafter||[Rs. 2,500]|
|Budding Weaver||[Rs. 1,000]|
|(only for age-group 15-17)|
CMF art programs are NOT competitions. The entries are therefore not ranked as first, second etc.. Instead, a three-member jury is appointed to evaluate each art work independently on its own merit. Based on the jury’s evaluation, each of the select entries is graded in one of the above four award-categories.
Specifics:- AP 15 includes two Art categories :-
Opens on: Monday 10 May 2021
Closes on: Monday 31 May 2021
Results on: Monday 12 July 2021
|Life unmasked||বে-আব্রু জীবন|
|Even miracles take time||অঘটন- ও কি হঠাৎ ঘটে?|
|Messiah complex||হাবে- ভাবে অবতার|
|On-line class||অন-লাইন ক্লাস|
|Re-invent yourself||নিজেরে হারায়ে খুঁজি|
You are free to choose any of the Catchphrases for Cartoon & Caricature.
Catchphrases are not to be interpreted literally. Be as creative as possible in your interpretation and application.
Give vent to your ideas freely… and shape your creation taking cue from the catchphrases.
More about catchphrases …..
- For Cartoon & Caricature, you may send at most one entry on a theme of your choice. Additional (one or two) entries must be using Catchphrases. You may as well use only Catchphrases for all your entries.
- Same Catchphrase may be used for more than one entry.
- Catchphrases are not topic or theme; they are just to stimulate the thinker in you.
- For Short Film, there is no Catchphrase
Cartoon & Caricature
Pick the Catchphrases and/ or a theme of your own choice and give shape to your thoughts!
Submit a jpeg version of your creation, or send the hard copy itself. Do not send the original artwork now. But it must be kept ready for submission when required.
Don’t forget to mention the medium chosen (including digital) and the size (not applicable for digital work) of your artwork, otherwise it won’t be accepted.
Grab your phone or camera and get shooting. No need to use Catchphrase. The movie you send in could be anywhere from 30 seconds to about 12 minutes in length, as long as it says what you want it to. You can use any style of movie making, including animation, stop motion etc.. Make sure you give due credits to your team.
Please, mention the following in the write up accompanying your artwork:-
1. What according to you is the most innovative aspect of your entry
2. What prompted you to do it
3. Technical details of your artwork:- For Cartoon & Caricature e.g. medium( oil, acrylic, digital, mixed etc.) and size (not applicable for digital work).For Short film, mention device used( camera or mobile phone etc.)
What exactly are you to do?
- Question the commonplace and express your ideas in any of the above two art categories.
- Send us a maximum of 3 entries you want in one or both the art categories.
- Don’t repeat entries if you’ve already sent them to ChotaMota
- Send those creations only completed within last six months.
- Make sure what you submit is a composition of your own creation, and speaks truly to you.
- Feel free to borrow ideas from others and acknowledge, but don’t reproduce others’ work in entirety.
How can you submit your artwork?
- For Cartoon & Caricature, if the entry you would like to submit is originally developed on an electronic medium, please convert it into a JPEG file. Otherwise, if the original is on a physical medium (like paper and canvass), first scan it or photograph it and then convert the photo or the scanned copy into a JPEG file.
- For Short Film, upload the video to vimeo, youtube or other video hosting sites and send us the link. Dropbox or Google Drive links will also do.
- Click SUBMIT to submit your entry.
Submission by post or by hand:
If you intend to submit your entry by post or by hand, you should send your entry along with a duly filled-in registration form. Click here for registration form. In case you are not able to get copy of the registration form, please contact us.
You may contact here:-
The ChotaMota Foundation
3/6/1 S.M Ali Road,
Barrackpore – 700120
West Bengal, India