What is this?
The ChotaMota Foundation is attempting to create a collection of unique expressive ideas. We hope for nothing more than to create a forum of thinkers, dreamers and creators.
Selected entries, apart from being provided with financial rewards, will be brought together for display in an exhibition at unique venues in New Delhi and Kolkata. All the entries will also be put up on display on the ChotaMota Foundation website and shared with all. Your artworks, however, will remain yours-the Foundation will have no copyright claim.
For convenience, we’d prefer the language to be English, Hindi or Bengali.
We are accepting entries in the following art categories:
Cartoons, Comics and Caricatures
Draw the teacher you love most, or the world leader you appreciate a lot. Draw the girl you dream of or the robot you one day wish to build. Draw yourself and don’t take any of these suggestions. Just avoid overtly partisan political themes. If you wish to narrate your story in Comics, let it be in not more than 10 frames. Draw what you feel like and send us a .jpeg of your creation, or the hard copy itself! You need not send the original artwork now. Only keep a hard copy ready for sending to us when required.
Accompany your entry with a short (within 50 words) write up about it. Don’t forget to mention the medium chosen and the size (not applicable for digital work) of your artwork, otherwise it won’t be accepted
Get the image with your phone or camera to capture the magic in the world or create a vision with your own photograph on your laptop. Accompany your entry with a short (about 50 words) write up about it and make sure you mention the device and technique used.
Make a statement of your own in form of poster using paint-brush or pencil or pen or your laptop. You may choose any subject of your choice other than those that are overtly on partisan politics. Send a .jpeg of your creation, or the hard copy itself! Also keep a hard copy ready for sending to us when required. You need not send the original artwork now. Just keep it ready for sending to us when required.
Accompany your entry with a short (within 50 words) write up about it. Mention the medium chosen and the size (not applicable for digital work) of the poster.
Write whatever you wish to
a story of your own or a fairy tale or a folklore you like to retell in your own way, or
a travelogue of a known or unknown place, or
a dialogue/ monologue of characters – living or imaginary, or
a sheer fantasy .
in not more than 500 words.
Just make a .pdf version and send it to us.
Who can take part?
Anybody, from anywhere, as long as you’re in the age group of 15 to 27, can be a part! There is no entry fee.
- What exactly are you to do?
- Question the commonplace and express your ideas in any of the above four art category.
- Send us a maximum of 3 entries you want in one or more of the four art categories.
- You may get an award worth (INR 1000-5000) for your best artwork of free imagination.
- Don’t repeat entries if you’ve already sent them to ChotaMota
- Send those creations only completed within last six months.
- Make sure what you submit is a composition of your own creation, and speaks truly to you.
- Feel free to borrow ideas from others and acknowledge, but don’t reproduce others’ work in entirety.
Start of program
Monday, 2nd April 2018
Last date for receiving entries
Thursday, 31st May 2018
Announcement of selected entries
Monday, 9th July 2018
SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK
- For Cartoon, Caricature, Comic Strip, Poster, if the entry you would like to submit is originally developed on an electronic medium, please convert it into a JPEG file. Otherwise, if the original is on a physical medium (like paper and canvass), first scan it or photograph it and then convert the photo or the scanned copy into a JPEG file.
- For Photography, make sure that the submitted image be 1024 X 768 pixels (longer side), with resolution 72 dpi saved as jpeg. The image should be converted to a RGB color space and must not exceed 1MB. Photographs with borders, watermarks, frames names/ signatures will not be accepted.
- For Creative Writing, covert your entry to PDF and send to us.
Submission by post or by hand:
If you intend to submit your entry by post or by hand, you should send your FIRST entry along with a duly filled-in registration form. Click here for registration form. The foundation will provide you with a registration number after receiving your first entry. For sending subsequent entries by post or by hand, you should also send a covering letter bearing your registration number and other details. In case you are not able to get copy of the registration form, please contact us.
Send the Entries to the following address:
The ChotaMota Foundation
3/6/1 S.M Ali Road,
Barrackpore – 700120
West Bengal, India