ChotaMota Art Program 20 (AP 20) will be open for 24 days – from 15 April to 8 May. Anybody, from anywhere, in the age group of 15 to 27, can take part!
Submit your entries at any time during this period.
Send us a maximum of two entries in one or all art categories.
There is no entry fee.
The Foundation does not stake any copyright claim on the items of artwork entered in the art programs.
Select entries of the art program shall be accorded financial awards and will be put on display on this website. Only one award will be conferred to a participant for the best among the art works submitted by her/ him in an art category. There are four kinds of awards:
|Dream Spinner||[Rs. 4,000]|
|Master Crafter||[Rs. 2,500]|
|Budding Weaver||[Rs. 1,000]|
|(only for age-group 15-17)|
CMF art programs are NOT competitions. The entries are therefore not ranked as first, second etc.. Instead, a three-member jury is appointed to evaluate each art work independently on its own merit. Based on the jury’s evaluation, each of the selected entries is graded in one of the above four award-categories.
CHOTAMOTA ART PROGRAMS 2022
Specifics: AP 20 includes three Art categories – Painting, Cartoon & Caricature and Creative Writing.
Opens on: Friday 15 April 2022
Closes on: Tuesday 8 May 2022
Results on: Sunday 26 June 2022
CATCHPHRASES : AP 20 [Painting, Cartoon & Caricature and Creative Writing]
|Drifting away gradually||যাই ক্রমে সরে সরে|
|First birthday of Kolkata||কোলকাতার প্রথম জন্মদিন|
|Curio shop||কিউরিও শপ|
|Dress in a Mess||সাজের আবার তোমার আমার!|
|The past in the present||ভূতের বর্তমান|
|Impossible loop||অসম্ভবের চক্করে|
|The place in between||মধ্যিখানে চর|
You are free to choose any of the listed Catchphrases for Painting, Cartoon & Caricature and Creative Writing. Catchphrases are not to be interpreted literally. Be as creative as possible in your interpretation and application.
Give vent to your ideas freely… and shape your creation taking cue from the catchphrases.
More about catchphrases ….
- For all the three Art categories, you may send at most one entry on a theme of your choice. Other entry must be using Catchphrase. You may as well use only Catchphrases for both the entries.
- Same Catchphrase may be used for both the entries.
- Catchphrases are not topics or themes; they are just to stimulate the thinker in you.
Pick the catchphrase of your own choice or use your own theme to add color to a blank slate…..
Send us a jpeg version of your creation! Do not send the original artwork now. But it must be kept ready for submission when required.
Cartoon & Caricature
|As we see, “Cartoons and Caricatures”|
express one’s comic / satiric / critical / tender thoughts,
graphically depicts one’s fond imaginings or horrific visualisations
in an exaggerated style highlighting distinctive features or comically distorted illustrations of
admirable / adorable / abhorred celebrities or
lesser-known humans / non-humans
in any medium of graphic arts, including digital arts and 3D caricatures
Pick the Catchphrases and/ or a theme of your own choice and give shape to your thoughts!
Submit a jpeg version of your creation. Do not send the original artwork now. But it must be kept ready for submission when required.
The participants need not send their 3D entries as such. Instead, photograph(s) of the 3D work, from all sides, must be submitted after converting to jpeg version.
For lesser-known subjects, the participants should also send a good photograph of the subject along with the entry proper for reference after converting to jpeg version.
Creative Writing (Bangla and English)
Pick the catchphrase of your choice or choose your own theme. Express whatever way you wish to –
- a story of your own or a fairy tale or a folklore you like to retell in your own way, or
- a travelogue of a known or unknown place, or
- a dialogue/ monologue of characters – living or imaginary, or a sheer fantasy.
in prose or poetry and in not more than 500 words.
Just make a .pdf version and send it to us. Don’t mention your name on it.
Please, mention the following in the write up accompanying your Artwork :
|What according to you is the most innovative aspect of your entry|
What prompted you to do it
Technical details of your Artwork, e.g. medium (oil, acrylic, digital, mixed etc.) size (not applicable for digital work).
- Question the commonplace and express your ideas in any of the above three art categories.
- Send us a maximum of 2 entries you want in one or all the three the art categories.
- Don’t repeat entries if you’ve already sent them to ChotaMota
- Send those creations only completed within last six months.
- Make sure what you submit is a composition of your own creation, and speaks truly to you.
- Feel free to borrow ideas from others and acknowledge, but don’t reproduce others’ work in entirety.
How can you submit your artwork?
- For Painting and Cartoon & Caricature, if the entry you would like to submit is originally developed on an electronic medium, please convert it into a JPEG file. Otherwise, if the original is on a physical medium (like paper and canvass), first scan it or photograph it and then convert the photo or the scanned copy into a JPEG file and send us. DON’T MENTION YOUR NAME.
- For Creative Writing (Bangla and English), send the PDF ( Don’t mention your name)
- Click Upload Entry to submit your entry.
Submission by post or by hand:
If you intend to submit your entry by post or by hand, you should send your entry along with a duly filled-in registration form. Click here for registration form. In case you are not able to get copy of the registration form, please contact us.
You may contact here:-
The ChotaMota Foundation
3/6/1 S.M Ali Road,
Barrackpore – 700120
West Bengal, India
We are looking for someone just like you.