ChotaMota Art Program – 27 (AP-27) will remain open for 23 days – from 03 February to 25 February 2024. Anybody, from anywhere, in the age group of 15 to 27, can take part!
Submit your entries at any time during this period.
You may participate in all the three art categories. Send us a maximum of two entries for an art category.
There is no entry fee.
The Foundation does not stake any copyright claim on the items of artwork entered in the art programs.
Select entries to the art program shall be accorded financial awards and will be put on display on this website. Award money for the art programs have been recently scaled up. The new award structure is:
(only for age-group 15-17yrs. and first timers)
Only one award will be conferred to a participant for the best among the jury-recommended art works submitted in an art category.
For the FIRST-TIMERS:
A first-time participant in an art category may get a Budding Weaver award, if none of his / her entries qualifies for a higher award and one of them meets the minimum standard set for an award.
For the other participants in Cartoon & Caricature and Poster :
The participants awarded at least twice in the past will be considered only for Dreamspinner and Trailblazer awards.
CMF art programs are NOT competitions. The entries are therefore not ranked as first, second, etc. Instead, a three-member jury is appointed to evaluate each art work independently on its own merit. Based on the jury’s evaluation, each of the select entries is graded in one of the above four award-categories.
AP-27 includes three Art categories :-
Opens on: Saturday 03 February 2024
Closes on: Sunday 25 February 2024
Results on: Sunday 07 April 2024
CATCHPHRASES for all the three Art Categories :
Blunder at the root
Tip tip … takes dip
টুপ্ টুপ্ দেয় ডুব
Learning to learn – that’s Life!
শিখতে শেখা-ই জীবন, ভাই
Treasure of childhood
Reveries of the sleepless
You are free to choose any of the listed Catchphrases for Poster and Cartoon & Caricature only .There is no Catchphrase for Short Film. Catchphrases are not to be interpreted literally. Be as creative as possible in your interpretation and application. Give vent to your ideas freely… and shape your creation taking cue from the catchphrases.
More about catchphrases ….
- For Poster and Cartoon & Caricature you may send at most one entry on a theme of your choice. The other entry must be using a Catchphrase. You may as well use Catchphrases for both the entries.
- There is no Catchphrase for Short Film.
- Same Catchphrase may be used for more than one art category or two entries in the same Art category.
- Catchphrases are not topic or theme; they are just to stimulate the thinker in you
Cartoon & Caricature :
Pick the Catchphrases and/ or a theme of your own choice and give shape to your thoughts!
Submit a jpeg version of your creation. Do not send the original artwork now. But it must be kept ready for submission when required.
The participants need not send their 3D entries as such. Instead, photograph(s) of the 3D work, from all sides, must be submitted after converting to jpeg version.
For lesser-known subjects, the participants should also send a good photograph of the subject along with the entry proper for reference after converting to jpeg version.
Make a statement of your own in form of poster using paint-brush or pencil or pen or your laptop. Pick the Catchphrases and/ or a theme of your choice and get going. You may choose any subject of your choice other than those that are overtly on partisan politics. Send a jpeg of your creation. You need not send the original artwork now. Just keep a hard copy ready for sending to us when required.
Short Film :
Grab your phone or camera and get shooting. No need to use any of the listed Catchphrases. The movie you send in could be anywhere from 30 seconds to about 12 minutes in length, as long as it says what you want it to. You can use any style of movie making, including animation, stop motion etc.. Make sure you give due credits to your team.
Accompany your entry with a short (within 50 words) write up about it.
The write up is to contain the following:
WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU TO DO?
- Question the commonplace and express your ideas in any of the above three art categories.
- Send us a maximum of 2 entries you want in one or all the three art categories. More than two entries for an art category would stand disqualified.
- Don’t repeat entries if you had already sent them to ChotaMota; the entries will then be disqualified.
- Send only those creations completed within last six months.
- Make sure what you submit is a composition of your own creation, and speaks truly to you.
- Feel free to borrow ideas from others and acknowledge, but don’t reproduce others’ work in entirety. You will be disqualified if you are found to do so.
HOW CAN YOU SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK?
- For Poster and Cartoon & Caricature , if the entry you would like to submit is originally developed on an electronic medium, please convert it into a JPEG Otherwise, if the original is on a physical medium (like paper and canvas), first scan it or photograph it and then convert the photo or the scanned copy into a JPEG file and send us.
- For Short Film, upload the video to vimeo, youtube or other video hosting sites and send us the link. Dropbox or Google Drive links will also do.
- Click Upload Entry to submit your entry.
You may contact here:
The ChotaMota Foundation
3/6/1 S.M Ali Road,
Barrackpore – 700120
West Bengal, India.
Mobile and WhatsApp: (+91) 98365 68902